Having remembered in a previous post , the benefits of having good testosterone levels. Today we bring you to the first part, on how to increase testosterone naturally.
We have found several studies that show that by performing actions such as those presented below, you can improve your testosterone levels and take advantage of its multiple benefits such as improving muscle growth, controlling fat levels or improving your sexual function.
- In the gym, do hard exercises. Every time you go to the gym, you should include exercises that involve various muscle groups. Studies have shown that squats, bench presses, or pull-ups work increases testosterone more than doing the typical bicep or tricep curl, even though the effort may seem the same.
- Before going to bed, eat some nuts. Before going to sleep, we recommend eating a handful of walnuts. Studies have shown that men who ate diets rich in monounsaturated fats had the highest levels of testosterone. It is not known why this occurs, but some scientists believe that these types of fats have a direct effect on the testicles.
- Do exercises with a lot of weight. Studies have shown that with intensities around 90% of 1RM and a moderate volume , it is possible to increase the levels of this hormone. So, to increase it, perform different exercises of three to six repetitions per series.
- Do not drink alcohol. Drunkenness will kill your testosterone levels. It has been shown that with reasonable amounts of blood alcohol, testosterone levels can be reduced by between 20% -25%. In addition, it produces a conversion from androgens to estrogens, which can cause gynecomastia in men in some cases.
- Always have a sandwich or piece of fruit on hand. Skipping meals or long periods without eating has been shown to cause your hormone levels to plummet. Try to eat every four hours and always have something healthy to eat with you and of course, very important, do not skip any of the five or six meals a day.
- To sleep like dormouses. Sleeping less than seven or eight hours a night can ruin your biological rhythm and consequently cause a drop in testosterone levels. So if your work schedule or social life keeps you in a state of perpetual jet lag, don’t be surprised if your strength levels drop. Therefore, do your best to have a restful sleep of at least seven hours.