After having explained in previous articles the meaning of human growth hormone and the benefits that are obtained by having good levels, today, I am going to explain you tips to increase growth hormone naturally.
Before I start, I want to remember that this hormone, alone or with other metabolic or hormonal processes, has such important jobs as preserving or increasing muscle mass, keeping body fat low, improving circulation, strengthening bones, controlling cholesterol levels and protect yourself against the factors of aging.
If we manage to increase the levels, the body will work better in these processes and we will be able to take advantage of its benefits. To achieve this, there are several strategies. I will focus on the most natural, safest and least expensive . Through a combination of exercise, diet and good habits we will be able to increase the levels endogenously. That is, we will make our pituitary gland secrete more growth hormone on its own.
Next, I give you the steps to follow to increase levels naturally.
- Do very high intensity exercises. Squats, pull-ups, push-ups, sprints, series, HIIT, Crossfit, … all these exercises will be indicated to increase our HGH. For this purpose, intensity is much more important than duration. We need to activate our fibers faster, fatigue the muscles, and produce lactic acid.
- Sleep like dormouses. Getting enough sleep is important to ensure high levels of growth hormone. About 70 to 80% of HGH production takes place while sleeping. If we cut the dream, we will see our production damaged. In addition, it is not only about sleeping eight hours, but getting a good sleep. That is, we must achieve a good quality of sleep. Cool atmosphere, darkness and comfort are some of the keys.
- Avoid sugar after intense training . Consuming sugar (especially fructose) within 2 hours after exercise will cause the hypothalamus to release somatostatin, which will reduce HGH production.
- Low glycemic index foods . This study that insulin and HGH come together. Many insulin spikes equals decreased HGH. Therefore, maintaining a diet with foods such as apples, pears, oats, wheat, brown rice, … will be the basis for increasing HGH levels.
- Quality proteins for dinner . Amino acids will help boost HGH production. So do not forget chicken, turkey, salmon, cottage cheese, milk, yogurt … they are good allies at dinner.
- After training, add 2 to 5g of glutamine as a supplement . This amino acid is the most abundant in the body. A small amount, 2gr daily, has been shown to increase plasma HGH levels. In addition, according to studies, it could provide important benefits in the maintenance of muscle tissue.
- Keep the liver clean. You should know that all the HGH released by your body is absorbed by the liver and becomes IGF-1, so if we do not have the liver in perfect condition, we will not be able to experience the benefits of HGH. Not drinking alcohol, always being well hydrated and eating a balanced diet will be the keys to having a liver in perfect condition.
Now that you know what it is, the benefits it brings and how we can increase it, all you have to do is take the list and start following them.